SNETP has signed the petition Save Our Climate – Acknowledge that Net Zero Needs Nuclear at COP26 led by Nuclear for Climate. This petition, signed by over 100 societies and governmental organisations, calls on negotiators and policy makers at COP26 to “take a scientific and technology-neutral approach to energy policy and financing which can promote sustainable collaboration between nuclear and renewables”. The Net Zero Needs Nuclear position paper outlines the reasons why nuclear is key for a low-carbon future for all:
- Nuclear is a proven and effective low carbon energy source
- Nuclear is available, scalable and deployable
- Nuclear is a flexible and affordable source of clean energy
- Nuclear can deliver more than just low carbon electricity
- Nuclear supports inclusive and sustainable global development
You can sign the petition here.