What is the added value of SNETP?
The added value is supported by the association services
- Building strategic vision & roadmapping: enable members to express their R&D needs and priorities; identify research gaps, promote innovation initiatives, etc. SNETP develops a Strategic Research and Innovative Agenda (SRIA) to ensure that fission energy is generated in a way that meets the criteria for sustainable development and is compliant with safety requirements;
- Contributing to high-level techno–economic studies to monitor the advances of nuclear technologies development and EU needs, and the role of nuclear energy in the EU energy mix;
- Providing scientific and technical basis to establish high quality standards and harmonised best practices;
- Establishing active networking to address cross sectorial challenges and to promote partnership around innovative ideas:
- Facilitating synergies with other technology platforms;
- Interacting with international initiatives in the field of nuclear energy (i.e. SET Plan, GIF, OECD, IAEA, the Generation IV International Forum, etc.);
- Fostering other joint initiatives between researchers, industry, utilities, member states and the EU
- Ensuring enhanced coordination between national programmes while guaranteeing the most effective use of programme funding. The success depends on a strong, bottom-up stakeholder involvement supported through a transparent and inclusive approach to membership of the platform itself;
- Supporting the dissemination of results to targeted public (policymakers, research, industry, NGOs, etc.) to ensure a common European vision;
- Promoting a coordinated training and educational system for developing nuclear competence in Europe;
- Communication tools and infrastructures.