ORIENT-NM aims at preparing a CEP, addressing all its aspects:
Produce a single vision and a convincing strategic research agenda (SRA) for nuclear materials until 2040:
- Consistent with national programmes and industrial needs.
- Considering supply chain constraints, standardisation issues, and availability of infrastructures.
Elaborate an efficient CEP governance and legal structure, observant of:
- Decision-making processes;
- Intellectual property issues;
- Promotion of innovation;
- Implementation schemes: quality assurance, SRA updating, and knowledge & data management.
Develop protocols to interact with other relevant stakeholders, including:
- International organisations
- Standardisation bodies & technical safety organisations
- Research communities
- Infrastructure managers
To achieve its objective, ORIENT-NM will encourage a dialogue between the research community, represented by the associations and beneficiaries involved in the project, and the Member States, facilitated by the European Commission. Two main workshops at fixed moments of the project are at the centre of this approach.