Bridging scales in the microstructure modeling of nuclear materials
November 7 - November 11
The symposium will take place during the bi-annual Multiscale Materials Modeling (MMM10) conference on 7-11 November 2021 in Baltimore, USA. It will focus on the investigation of thermo-kinetic properties, phase transformations, and microstructure evolution of nuclear materials on the nano- and meso-scale. Particular emphasis is given to knowledge sharing between modeling scales, as linking models in a multiscale approach and with experimental studies is a crucial aspect in the characterisation of nuclear materials behaviour. Academic and industrial contributions are both warmly welcomed.
Confirmed invited speakers include:
- Marie-France Barthe (CNRS Orléans)
- Noam Bernstein (US Naval Research Laboratory)
- Michael Cooper (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
- Guang-Hong Lu (Beihang University)
- Michael Tonks (University of Florida)
- Ludovic Thuinet (Université de Lille)
More information on this page.