Reactor core and containment cooling systems – long term management and reliability workshop
23 February 2021 - 25 February 2021
This OECD/NEA workshop will promote international exchange of information and practices related to maintaining the cooling function in a long term accident in a NPP including new design.
Key topics to be addressed:
- Management strategies, for different NPP designs, of core and containment cooling on the long-term during accidents;
- Differences and similarities for Design Basis Accident (DBA) and for Severe Accident (SA);
- Debris sources and generation – with a focus on SA – and transport characterization;
- The filtration systems performance and clogging issues in general;
- SA conditions and erosion/corrosion phenomena.